Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Falling Star


When I was young I always believed that when you wish on a falling star, it will come true.

I would always look outside our window at night, up in the sky when the night is young, and all the stars are starting to show up. I search for one falling star to grant one simple wish.

Even though I don’t know how a falling star really looks like. I would just wish on every light I see that somehow looks like it’s a star going down or falling.

That one simple wish would be that my mom and my dad will be together again. I grew up not seeing them together, the usual happy family. Where you will go home after school and find your mom waiting for you at the doorstep to ask you, “how school dear?” and then before going to bed your dad, will visit you in your room to wish you goodnight and then kiss you on your forehead. Or, all of you will be sitting down the breakfast table the next Sunday morning, then after breakfast, prepare for Sunday mass.

I see this picture of a nice family, but not in my own home. I see them in most of my friends’, my cousins’ and my neighbors’ houses.

Both my parents had kids, different family. That’s when I realized; it’s never true and will never come true. That “when you wish upon a star” is just for fairytales and my life is not a fairytale.

My life is twisted and cruel. And it doesn’t always have a happy ending. My believing in all those wish on a falling star faded but my FAITH in GOD did not.

So, instead of wishing I continuously prayed. That somehow God will find me worthy of a happy family, that one day I will find a home.

No comments:

Post a Comment